Scott has over 16 years’ of forensic experience specialising in the areas of investigations, fraud and corruption risk, hotline implementation & management, and forensic accounting experience both in Australia and abroad including the US, Europe and Asia. He has worked across law enforcement (QLD Police and SFO London), regulatory (ASIC), corporate (BP) and consulting with one of Australia’s largest forensic practices.
Scott‘s approach is to collaborate with clients and other forensic experts to provide the most efficient and comprehensive solution to complex issues that our clients face while at the same time being cognisant of the commercial sensitivities that come with running a business and managing complex issues.
He maintains a strong work ethic and prides himself on the quality of his work and the strength of relationships he has forged over his career. He is adaptable and sensitive to cultural nuances when working across jurisdictions and industries.
AREAS OF SPECIALISATION
Fraud & corruption investigations, code of conduct investigations including bullying and harassment, fraud risk & prevention services, hotline implementation and management, interviewing and preparation of briefs for both criminal and civil proceedings.
Government (federal, state and local), Law Enforcement, Financial Services, Transportation and Logistics, Oil and Gas, Racing and Gaming.
SNAPSHOT OF EXPERIENCE
- Lead several corporate fraud investigations which culminated in the preparation of briefs of evidence referred to relevant state law enforcement agency which lead to successful prosecution of the offender.
- Part of a team involved in identifying and investigating alleged fraudulent activity perpetrated by Directors of foreign exchange entity/s with losses in excess of $1 million pursued by ASIC.
- Various confidential employee misconduct investigations for corporate and government organisations (e.g. fraud, corruption, bullying and harassment, misuse of company assets) in multiple geographical regions (UK, USA, Poland, Turkey, Germany, Italy, Kosovo, Azerbaijan, Georgia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Papua New Guinea and Angola).
- Part of a team involved in an asset tracing exercise relating to a $500 million collapsed mutual fund ponzi scheme across 50 international jurisdictions pursued by the SFO (UK).
- Investigation and asset tracing relating to a failed $300 million collapsed Japanese superannuation scheme pursued by the SFO (UK).